Brides ask me a lot about my thoughts on Make up for a Cabo Wedding. As a Cabo Wedding photographer, I definitely have an opinion about this matter, because make up can make a huge difference with how you look on your wedding day. Here is my list of things to think about on your wedding day.
1. Be very careful about sun exposure in the days and weeks leading into your wedding. BRING A SUN HAT to Cabo and WEAR it in the days leading up to your wedding. Also make sure to generously apply sunscreen. Especially watch out for tan lines. The last thing you want is tan lines! And NO, I can’t photoshop your tan lines away…Just be careful!
2. Go EASY on the eye make up. The sun is very strong in Cabo and most likely, your ceremony will be on the beach during full sun hours. I will do my best to limit the shadowing in your eyes, but it doesn’t help when your eyes have thick black make up. It just isn’t a pretty look. Natural and light eyes are always the best way to go. Fake eyelashes are great, just make sure you get used to wearing them before the big day. I have heard many times from brides that the fake lashes were VERY hard to get used to on the wedding day. You might want to do a test run with the fakies before your big day.
3. Make sure your face tone matches your body tone. It can be very distracting when your face is a shade off of your body due to make up OR sun exposure.
4. If you want to go heavy on the eye make up, consider going heavy AFTER the sun goes down. Apply the night look after your guests have sat down for dinner.
5. Don’t wear anything glossy or glittery. With glossy lips, you run the risk of your hair getting stuck on your lips. Glittery or shiny skin will reflect the sun and become a hot spot on your face that is difficult to fix.
That is my make up tips for the day. Thank you for reading!
Your trusted Cabo Wedding Photographer has a list of Hair and Make up artists that I recommend. Please email me if you have any questions or comments or need a recommendation.